Shipment / Consignment Assistant
Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the overall supervision of the UN Conference Services Officer and his/her team, the Logistics / Shipment Assistant assists with the organization and coordination of shipment / consignment arrangements during the conference. In particular, the incumbent is required to:
- Liaises with the local authorities for custom issues.
- Receives shipment cargo from Host Country focal person/customs and ascertain that quantities are correct
- Ensures that incoming shipment cargo is handed over to the respective focal persons in accordance with the set timelines.
- Ensures that outgoing shipment cargo is loaded in accordance with the applicable regulations and within set timelines.
- Ensures that incoming and outgoing shipment paperwork is correct and the items are loaded safely and correctly.
- Assists in the management of shipment cargo closely related to side events and exhibitions set ups and movements of materials from one place to another.
- Monitors the distribution of shipment cargo, records and maintains all relevant details related thereto, including following up on the location and storage of various shipment goods.
- Prepares shipment statistics and reports as requested.
- Responds to queries from delegations and secretariat.
- Perform other duties as required.
Ability to research, select, organize and summarize information required for the management of shipment. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious
and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Flexibility, adaptability and reliability as well as the ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Planning & Organizing
Ability to identify priority activities and assignments; monitors and adjusts priorities, plans and actions as necessary; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources
for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning daily work.
Research, select, organize and summarize information required for the management of shipment. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient
in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Flexibility and reliability as well as the ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve goals and is willing to learn from others. Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.