Local Staff Recruitment for UNFCCC Sessions in Bonn and Abroad
35 PLN gross / hour
Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent is required to:
- distribute boxes in the respective UNFCCC offices;
- distribute bulky UNFCCC documents and special equipment;
- receive shipments for delegations and observers and deliver them;
- collect all the boxes and UNFCCC material for the shipment back to Bonn;
- liaise with the shipping and customs agents, if needed;
- provides trouble shooting to participants;
- be reliable and trustworthy; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
Very good understanding of the functions, organization and procedures of the secretariat, ability to demonstrate considerable initiative and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Basic knowledge of word processing applications and database is necessary.
Very good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
Work can be expected to involve shift work, or overtime work in excess of the normal working day, and may involve night and/or weekend work.